Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The place where morning gathers...

For our annual family vacation this year we are headed to South Dakota. I personally can hardly wait. I was there when I was a child and can not wait to share those memories with my children. I have been listening to Rich Mullins lately and his song "Calling Out Your Name". This song echos the way I feel so precisely. This world is full of so many wonderous sights and sounds, smells and feelings. It's amazing to me that as the weather gets warmer so does my mood. Perhaps I am one of those seasonally depressed people or perhaps I just love this earth and all it has to offer. I love the night sky full of stars and the splendid day break that follows. Sometimes I sit on our back porch and take a deep breath and my heart skips a beat. I could travel this earth until the day I die and still never see it's vastness. I am so eager to visit as many places as I can and to impart that sense of wonder into my children. Our family vacations will not consists of tourist traps, they will involve this glorious earth we call home. Nothing can replace that feeling when you stand beside the ocean with your feet in the sand and hear the seagulls flying overhead. Or the roar of the water as you stand on the precipice of Niagra Falls. The feeling of insignificance as you overlook the Grand Canyon. Even just sitting on the bank of a lake and listening the the loons call is wonder enough for me. So as we gear up for the summer we can not wait to "Feel the earth tremble beneath the rumbling of the buffalo hooves." Get out there and enjoy this beautiful home God has made for us! (and listen to some Rich Mullins) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment